Jun 13, 2010

I Have Come To Terms With Life

Common Sense Commentary: At nearly eighty years old, I have come to terms with life.

I have come to terms with life. If I cannot avoid trouble by wisdom, courage, or prayer, I will accept whatever God lets life do to me, as I would accept the rainstorm, cold, heat and winds of nature. I will accept the difficult and natural elements of life knowing these things cannot happen without God's knowledge and permission. I will fight error, injustice, and sin until I die, but I will not kill myself worrying with things I cannot change.

I have come to terms with life. The life I call mine is not my own but was bought by Jesus Christ, on the cross, and belongs totally to Him whether I remember it or not. My life is hidden in Christ. He lives in me. The life which I now live, I live by the faith of Christ. If Providence hurts me, it is because I have forgotten that my life is His. Providence cannot hurt the God of Providence.

I have come to terms with life. I will not take the path of least resistance but by God's grace I shall flow with the river of life instead of constantly trying to row my boat upstream. I will use the oars to avoid stumps, limbs, and rapids, but will realize the current is carrying me in God's will and I will try to stay in the middle of it. I will simply be sure I am on the right river and I will rest my soul and mind into the hands of Him to whom they belong and enjoy the trip.

I have come to terms with life. I will do my best in life....or try to....or try to try to, but I will live it by faith in Him. I have come to terms with God and I made all the concessions. PASS IT ON. RB

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a truly amazing example for Christ. I miss you as my Pastor!
Laurie (Brady) Harrell