May 19, 2013

Rule One: Look For The Exit

Common Sense Commentary: When I was young, and attended a party, a school or college function, a church social or a conference of some kind, the first thing I looked for was the punch bowl and hors d'oeuvres. As I got older and more mature, the first thing I looked for was friends and acquaintances.  Now that I am older and wiser, the first thing I look for is the restroom and the exits. That is also the first thing I look for when I check into a hotel or a convention center. I now, always, locate exits the first thing.  With all the tornadoes, terrorist attacks, dope addicts, muggers and mass murderers roaming around the country, some people are afraid to even leave the house for any reason.  I get around a lot but don't think I'm not prepared ... with one in the chamber ... just in case.  But, remember, most people who die, do it in a hospital, so stay away from there. Also, more people are killed in their homes than on the streets, so it isn't safe there either.  Actually, the only safe exit from all the dangers and death in this world is the rapture, at the second coming of Christ. He will arrive precisely on time, heralded by trumpets and a shouting Archangel. So powerful is His return to this earth that multitudes of the dead saints of the ages.... arise up from their graves as their eternal spirits re-inhabit their dusty dead bodies which suddenly become glorified as they see Jesus. At that same moment, Christians, who are still alive on earth, will be caught up with the resurrected saints and Jesus will deliver us into the throne room of our God.   "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thess.4:16-17.

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. "  1 Jn.3:2

Like I said, "Rule One: Look For The Exit." I'll see you there! RB

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt.6:33.
.

No comments: