Aug 7, 2013

Monkeys In 747 Cockpit Fiddeling With The Controls

Common Sense Commentary: Over my 36 years as a pastor there were numbers of times when some new staff member of our church, Christian schools or our other ministries would come to my office and explain to me why my methods of managing our extensive ministries were wrong, and how "he would do it". It didn't seem to occur to them that we had arrived in our city with six children, no job, no money and no church, and, by God's grace, had founded the church, three Christian Schools, a children's home, the city rescue mission, the city food bank, a television station and other ministries, had very little debt and had the years of experience to match it. These enjoyable occasions were some of the best entertainment I had. I would listen, but seldom heard anything of real merit. I did give them credit for courage if not judgement. One of these young men later suggested that he wished I were President. This idea only confirmed to me that my first judgement of his judgement was correct .... the folly of immaturity. First, I couldn't get elected; and second, if I did, I would either be impeached or assassinated the first year. I asked another of these young men what he planned to do when he left his position with us. He quickly answered, "I'm going to Baltimore and do the same thing Jerry Falwell has done .... only bigger". The last I heard of him he had decided to be a shoe salesman.... an honorable profession but something short of his liberal imagination.

I am now 82, and as I observe the caliber of this weedie crop of federal politicians running our country, in Washington, I'm getting that old feeling I used to have when a 22 year old novice came to tell me how to improve my management skills or why I should double everyone's salary....on faith.  "The monkeys are in the cockpit fiddling with the controls".  Our federal government is Detroit .... with a printing press. One Congressman said, "We know what needs to be done, but we couldn't be re-elected if we do it." What ever happened to integrity? The people running Detroit should have known 20 or 30 years ago that their city would eventually go broke, but if they had done what they knew they should, they would have been voted out of office. The Motor City was controlled by the automobile unions and spent itself into oblivion. The monkeys were in the cockpit fiddling with the controls. It is said, "The way to catch a monkey is to put an orange in a jar with an opening the size of a monkey's slender hand. He will stick his hand into the jar, grab up the orange and keep trying to extract his full fist but will never release the orange.  Detroit and the U.S. government have been run by "The greedy monkey method" for many years and it has become the only method the politicians comprehend.... "Grab all you can get and never let go".  The monkeys are fiddling with the controls and have ridden the steering wheel of Motor City America in a crash dive into the ground, and it's too late to change directions after you crash. The U.S. printing presses are reeved up to a screaming whine, smoking and boiling hot as the wheels fly off, hundred dollar bills float to the floor and the thing groans it's dying breath.... in a terminal heap. Monkeys do quite well in their natural element ... the jungle ... where they can steal from each other and fight for control over all the other monkeys, but flying a 747 requires more than graspy hands, long arms and a toothy smile. RB


  Does This Tell You Anything?

The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World. 

But if you remove just 4 cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom in the entire world for Murders. 

And these 4 cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States. 
Does This tell you anything? 

PS: These 4 cities are also run by DEMOCRATS!


Imagine that!!!

"If Obama had a city it would look like Detroit ... and his Chicago is headed that way.

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A Principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."

-- Thomas Jefferso
n

But Thomas, what's debt to a monkey? RB




No comments: