May 2, 2014

Every True Minister Is Compelled To Openly Admit He is A Sinner

Common Sense Commentary: Honest reality of ourselves, though uncomplimentary, is ten thousand times more acceptable in eternity than pretended perfection which is a unspiritual detriment to seeking sinners around us.,

I do not deny that I am a flesh and blood sinner ... saved by God's grace, and not by my good works. The reason I do not mind admitting it is that I cannot deny it or pretend I am not what I am without offending my Lord, who knows the truth. To pretend otherwise is a lie, and to lie about my imperfect, human reality would compound my naturally sinful state ...sin upon sin, guilt upon guilt. Sin is strong, aggressive and motivated by the flesh and the devil, and builds its own sinful Tower Of Babel, brick upon brick ... and plants its own Roman cross on Golgotha. The seed of sin's own destruction is within itself and will rot away the soul of its host.

If I consistently pretend to be what I am not and if a few deluded souls think that because I "appear" to be sinless, that they too should strive to be perfect, as well ...Thus my pretension of sinlessness has misled them into a dead-end street. They will seek perfection, agonize in failure, try and try again, and fail and fail again, and eventually grow weary and disillusioned with trying to be perfect ... but can't. In the end they must either join the "Pretend to be Perfect" club, and be a pretentious hypocrite ... or simply give up trying and turn their back on Christianity all together. So then, it becomes I who has led them astray from Christ and I become a stumbling block in their life... which God will severely judge me for. Being a preacher is no excuse for a "pretended", Perfect Christian life. Honest reality, though uncomplimentary, is ten thousand times more acceptable in eternity than pretended perfection which is a sinful detriment to seeking sinners.

Only Christ, on the cross, crucified, tortured to death, buried and resurrected ... in my place, for my sin, has the power within it to separate me from my sin, from my guilt and draw me unto Jesus in sincere repentance and eternal salvation. Living a sinless life is impossible, and you know it. If it were possible, Christ would not have had do die to save us; we could have saved ourselves by a sinless life. Whatever you may be or pretend to be, honest openness to your human shortcomings and imperfections is more powerful in influencing others to Christ than unrealistic pretension, which is a lie. And more than that, God knows the truth and will not bless the lie or the liar. So herein is the necessity, the requirement of Christ's death. There simply was no other way for our Creator to cleanse and regenerate us. Sin had to be paid for and Jesus paid the full price and bailed us out of our "death row" prison cell. You can accept God's remedy and sacrifice of Jesus to pardon your guilt of sin or you can turn away and pay for your own sins ... in hell ... for eternity. Your Choice. RB

Here is the Apostle Paul confessing the whole truth about 
himself, as a Christian, an Apostle and an honest man:

Romans 7:14-25

 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 

 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 

 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 

 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 

 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 

 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 

 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 


 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. 


No comments: