Nov 27, 2018

An Old Pastor Whose Fingers Are His Voice, His Pulpit A Keyboard


The heart's prayer and bible message of the elderly, Bible preacher, for a world which is rapidly passing him by ... speeding in the opposite direction of the Bible, the Cross and of heaven, but is hardly noticed by the masses of humanity. They are "the world" of John 3:16. They represent hundreds of religions, thousands of churches, millions of adherents, and billions of other eternity bound souls. And, there, feebly standing by the side of that busy, broad way to destruction, the old preacher beckons the oblivious passers-by to turn into the narrow way, which he represents and points to its entrance, which leads to eternal life... But few there be who notice the old man or hear his message ... as he offers the invitation of Jesus to those on that broad way with a dead-end ...     "Behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it." Rev. 3:8 

So the old preacher turns his heart to heaven and prays to his God who is always listening ... and watching ...   "Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all the day. Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth... when I am old and grey headed, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to everyone ... Psm. 71: 8-9, 18.

In some strange way, old age is a more receptive asset to faith and hope and the promises of the unseen God of the universe. I would not trade it for youth. RB

No comments: