Mar 6, 2020

The Blessings Of A Believer's Old Age Are Fewer But Greater Than Youth


There isn't a lot that can be said in praise of old age,  
But working now on my 90th year, I qualify to say it. 
So I'll take my 5 frail senses, ascend the old age stage  
Stumbling, fumbling, mumbling, and try to convey it. 

Loss of youth, with virility, lusts and vibrant senses,   
Is no great loss if you live in God's presence and love. 
Unlike foolish youth, these bear no vile will offences    
But imbue holy truth, faith and peace from up above. 
_______________________

Besides all of those spiritual elements of holy peace and glory, old people can give you and the youth as well the benefits of accumulated experience of many years and a dose of good humor too.

And so I give you this, which flew in my window from Friend Robb.

Old Geezer Wisdom

An old physician, Doctor Gordon Geezer, became very bored in retirement and decided to reopen a medical clinic.

He put a sign up outside that said: "Dr. Geezer's Clinic ... Get your treatment for $500. If not cured, you get back $1000."

Doctor Digger Young, who was positive that this old geezer didn't know beans about medicine, thought this would be a great opportunity to get $1000, so he went to Dr. Geezer's clinic.

Dr. Young:   "Dr. Geezer, I have lost all taste in my mough. Can you please help me?"

Dr. Geezer:   "Nurse, please bring medicine from the box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young's mouth."  Nurse obeyed.

Dr. Young:   "Aaagh !  This is gasoline!"

Dr. Geezeer: "Congratulations! You've got your taste back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young gets so annoyed that he goes back after a couple of days figuring to recover his money and says, "Dr. Geezer, I have lost my memory. I cannot remember anything."

Dr. Geezer:   "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth."

Dr. Young:  "Oh, no you don't ... that is gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer:   "Congratulations! You've got your memory back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young, after having lost $1000, leaves angrily ... but comes back after several more days.

Dr. Young:    "My eyesight has become so weak I can hardly see anything. Can you help me."

Dr. Geezer:    "Sorry, I don't have any medicine for that so here's your $1000 back", giving him a $10 bill.

Dr. Young:    "But this is only $10. !!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be $500."

Thank you Lord for the gift of laughter which is free for young and old alike.  RB

No comments: