Jul 11, 2020

The Verse That Has Rested My Soul & Strengthened My Faith

To know that God is still in control ...

"... All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Rom.8:28.
 "All things" work in unison for my good, even the awful things, because I love God who called me to His will and His purpose ... not my will and purpose, and will somehow use the bad things to accomplish His purpose for me.  That is also true in your life, if you too love God. You too have a calling within His purpose.

Hearing and understanding that verse, of God's promise and holy purpose for my life, has, thousands of times, rested my soul in times of trials and mis-steps and strengthened my faith. That sure and precious promise reminds me that no matter how evil, or painful, or fearful, deadly an experience or black swan crashes into me, God wrenches it out of the hand of the devil, and twists it into a good result for me. It may result only in a costly lifetime lesson to guide me, in future, through temptations or decisions ...to look up to God's calling and purpose.  When terrible things happen, after the initial doubt, or anger, or fear, the Holy Spirit pours the holy, healing, oil of  Romans 8:28 over my mind, body and soul, my faith kicks in and I know that God is still working on me in old age.  As the next verse, Romans 8:29, says,          
"For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son (Jesus), that He might be the firstborn of many brethren."         Christlikeness is God's premiere "purpose " for every Christian. He will continue to work on you and me until Jesus comes back "in the air" (1 Thess.4:17) and resurrects our dead bodies, rejoins them with our born again spirits, glorifies the whole and catches us up, with Him into heaven.  Only then will be become completely Christlike.            
"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doeth not yet appear what we shall be: but we now that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2.

"Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself." Phil.3:21.

As Christians, all things work together to bring us closer to God's "purpose" of us all .... Christlikeness.

That promise, that purpose, contents and rests my soul and strengthens my faith.       

"Faith comes by hearing ... the word of God." Romans 10:17.

The flock of black swan troubles in America today?  
This too shall pass ... but its tracks, by purging or nurturing,  invariably lead us to God's perfection purpose... Christlikeness. RB


No comments: