May 25, 2022

What Hope Do I Have When I'm Nearer 100 Than 80

It is Called Blessed

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ." Titus 2:13          
My fading Memory loves the drumming music of God's rain upon the wooden shingles of the little house my father built in Sweetwater, Texas.  And sometimes a divine wind blew a fearsome tune of whines and moans through cracks around the windows and doors.  Even the lightning and thunder harmonized with that symphonic and sweet natural music of God .... when I was a boy.

I heard that comforting orchestration again last night and thought again of the wonderful parents and three siblings God gave me ... all in heaven now.  I guess they weren't perfect, but only God knew that for sure.  So, at 91 I still have so many good memories of them and, yes, of many of you, for which this old Preacher is eternally thankful in the lonely times of old age.  But something else I have that is even better than good memories is that Blessed Hope in Jesus.  It is a precious thought, of certain knowledge, that I will see them, and you my friends, there in the presence of our Savior, sweet Jesus, and our Heavenly Father in a great reunion "church" service in Heaven.  And it is closer now than it ever has been.

So what do I have now that I'm nearer 100 than 80?  All that really matters.  Praise Him!
  


No comments: