Jan 7, 2011

"TRUST ME, You'll Be Glad You Did". B. Madoff

Common Sense Commentary: God gave us sight, hearing, smelling, muscle and a BRAIN for a reason !

A flock of Junior Highers were laughing and playing together at a party. One of the boys suddenly shouted for every one's attention and asked excitedly, "Everybody who wants to do it, raise your hand". "Do WHAT?" a cautious girl asked. "TRUST ME", the boy with the idea answered. This was the boy's method to create interest in doing something he doubted his friends would do if they knew what "IT" was. Children who blindly follow other children's ideas of "fun" may not result in too much damage at the moment, but it is a dangerous way of life to follow into teen-age and adulthood. There have been literally tens of thousands of teen-agers, who "trusted" another teen-aged driver to get them home safely, who's lives ended in disastrous car crashes. Likewise, there have been tens of thousands of adults who "trusted" some pseudo, financial "Professional" advisor who cost them their life's savings.

Far too many grownups still play that child's game of "Trust me", but with adult CONSEQUENCES. It is seldom wise to "trust" someone .... anyone .... whose only guarantee of his product, scheme, or proposition is, "TRUST ME". Anyone who wants you to do something or go to some mysterious "meeting", but won't tell you what it is but wants you to blindly "trust" him or her, is not only not to be trusted, but also insults your own intelligence and betrays your friendship. God gave each of us a brain for a reason !! Adults do not need anyone else making their decisions for them. If you want my friendship, teach me, inform me, give me facts, and even warn me, but I will decide the merit of your words, and I will give account to God for all of my decisions or those I should have made. Teach your children to think for themselves and make decisions by the time they leave for college or move out. They should be making most of their decisions the last year at home .... I said, "MOST' not all.

Of course, trust is vital to every one's happiness, peace of mind and success. Trust is, however, a treasure one cannot afford to share promiscuously with too many others. Whether they are fly-by-night con- artists, exaggerating sales people, greedy brokers, self serving friends or preachers who milk people like a dairy farmer. Make your own decisions and use your own brain because you will give account to God for it. Anyone who respects you as an equal will never ask you to blindly "trust me". Yes, I want my family and friends to "trust me", but only when and if I have proven myself worthy of their trust. And, if I AM worthy of their trust, I will not ever want them to blindly trust me, especially concerning things which involve them. Yes, there are exceptions such as husbands and wives trusting each other for family decisions, and children trusting their parents' decisions, and there are a few others, of course.

Many times in my years, a friend or acquaintance has tried to harness me up to their pyramid scheme or Ponzi scam. These two things are criminal twins. Of course, the person selling it didn't call it a pyramid scheme or Ponzi scam, but that is what it often was. All of you have faced ole Ponzi, who called himself your "friend" and wanted to make you rich. I won't mention any names of the schemes or the friendly sellers of them, but you know what I mean. Like when your friend or acquaintance, either ignorantly or greedily, approached you with this "wonderful, easy way to make a lot of extra money". Usually, they were harnessed up by their friend who was harnessed up by someone else and on and on. The idea always sounds good and started with one brilliant con-artist who was good at math, otherwise known as a "perverted crook", in the guise of a real genius entrepreneur. He winds up retiring at 35 as a multi-millionaire but those at the bottom of the pyramid lost an equal amount. Such pyramids are mostly constructed , like those in Egypt, of blockheads. But, the guy with his name on that pinnacle piece, way up there on the tippy top, called the "Capstone", well he ain't even there any more. He groomed his brightest convert for that "Capstone" job with a room full of telephones,
blackberries and mini-skirted secretaries. But Ole Original himself, who built this pyramid monstrosity, is back in his castle on the Nile drinkin fine wine and smoking pot with his harem. The message eventually screams itself to each blockhead investor .... "Easy riches steal it from someone else", "No such thing as a Free Lunch", "The WORKman is worthy of his hire", "Two plus two is FOUR", "Whatsoever a man soweth, THAT shall he also reap", "Economics 101"

Some of the worst politicians this country has ever known rode into Washington on the theme ... "Trust me".
"Everybody who wants to do it with me, raise your hands" he shouted. "What is IT ?" asked the voters .....
"IT is change" . "What is change ?" asked the voters. "Change is IT" answered the politician. But, exactly what is this "It Change". ...... "Trust me, I believe in transparency" said the Politician. The devil said the same thing to Eve and then whispered it in Ponzi's ear and Bernard Madoff's ear and then in your investment advisor's ear.... and he repeated it to you.

Pass it on. RB

No comments: