Mar 8, 2011

My Avatar: I'm Really Quite A Sight

Common Sense Commentary:

A couple of my blog readers, whom I have never seen, have asked me to put my avatar or picture on this blog. Since an avatar, in computer language, is a graphic representation of the users image of himself and a picture requires a copier, with intelligence to use it, I am handicapped in both arenas. Therefore, I will verbally describe my old self as follows:

..............I'm Really Quite A Sight..................

..............Well .... I still have hair....................
..............But Its the only one there................
..............Except in my ears............................
..............And neither one hears......................
..............And out of my snout.........................
..............Where my hair hangs out..................

..............Hey ....I still have sight.....................
..............When the light is just right.................
..............And I still have my teeth...................
..............Both above and beneith.....................
..............But they ALL got there.......................
..............In a dentist's chair..............................

..............I won't mention the rest......................
..............From my toes to my chest...................
..............But at eighty years old.........................
..............It need not be told...............................
..............That nothing works right......................
..............And I'm really quite a sight...................

..........Yep, that's me ... Rayburn Blair.................

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pastor, All of this can be said of a lot of us!!!

Joe B. Hewitt said...

Good work Rayburn.
---Joe

BTW. My new book (working title) How to Rescue Prisoners of the Watchtower, will be released in April by Hannibal Books. Details on www.joebhewitt.net.