Jan 9, 2012

Betsy's Conversation with our 3yr.old Great Granddaughter, Libby

Common Sense Commentary: Jesus loved little children ... and showed it. Mk.10:14..."Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God."    "Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." Lk.18:17.

The following is an email Mrs. Blair and I received today from one of our many wonderful grand daughters, Betsy Hathaway, Ron and Cindy's daughter. RB


As I got ready to pray with Libby before bed she struck up a conversation. For you that know her…hahaha, this is nothing out of the ordinary, however rarely does her conversations have anything else to do with anything other than baby dolls, stuffed animals or princesses. This night…I had to leave the room immediately afterwards so that I could write our conversation down because I NEVER wanted to forget it. I want to share it with you…. I am so blessed.

Libby 3 years old: "Mommy what do you dream about?"

Me: "I dream about my children, what do you dream about?"

Libby: "I dream about Jesus. "

Me: "Oh, that’s really nice. What does Jesus do in your dreams?"

Libby: "He tells me that HE loves me. And Mommy!... HE took away my madness and put it on Him. Yep, that’s what He did to me."

Me: "Libby, you are very right."

Libby: "Mommy, what does Daddy dream about?"

Me: "I don’t know…"

Libby: "I think he dreams about tooting."

 I knew the deepness of that conversation would be short lived...she's only 3...BUT OH MY GOODNESS SHE'S ONLY THREE!!! HOW EXCITED I AM FOR GOD TO SHOW ME THROUGH MY 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER THAT OUR PRAYERS ARE BEING ANSWERED AND THAT EVEN NOW...AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE, MY SWEET PRECIOUS ANGEL IS BEING PURSUED BY HER HEAVENLY FATHER...THANK YOU JESUS!!!! I am a flawed Mommy...but thankfully my Saviour makes up for my flaws and speaks to our daughter in her dreams giving her the message that He wants her to know...the same message that I may fail at times to teach through my own selfish actions and failures as a mother. Thank you Jesus for allowing me to be used in my children's lives and picking up the slack when I fall. I love you. You truly amaze me...

Betsy, you too are amazing because He is amazing and you know it.  And one amazing great granddaughter named Libby, coming up. RB

1 comment:

My Daily Milk and Honey said...

Thank you Poppa! God has been mercifully good to me through the men and women who have played such vital roles in my heritage and present life. I love you and am doing my best to be all HE wants me to be in my humble role here as "mom". I'm enjoying this season...it is a beautiful sight. ~Betsy