May 11, 2019

I Remember When ... But My Life In Jesus Has No End


I Remember When...

My hair was thick
My eyes were bright
My feet were quick
My teeth were white

A Way Back Then...

My back was strong
My brain was too
My walks were long
My skies were blue

And Now I See...

My teeth are old
I've lost my sight
My feet are slow
My hair is white

There's more to tell...

My back is weak
My brain is too
My knees are gone
But my skies are still blue

Yes, Lord, my skies are blue, my destinty is true, my future is YOU.
Old age is not my end, but barely my beginning. My eternity is all YOU.
As David wrote, with that same eternal hope, these words of faith...

Lord, you are the cup that has been given to me.
You have secured an allotment for me.
The property lines chosen for me fall in pleasant places.
Yes, a delightful inheritance is mine.
I will bless the Lord, who guides me.
Even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices.
Even my flesh will dwell securely because you will not 
abandon my life to the grave.           
You will not let your favored one see decay.
11 You have made known to me the path of life, fulness of
 joy in your presence, pleasures at your right hand forever.
Psalms 16:5-11

No comments: