Apr 5, 2020

Fear Not

 God is still in control ....

When God allows a huge, impossible threat to stop you in your tracks and surrounds you with danger, sickness and death, simply look up to Him for His shield of protection and His promise of a glorious future. Rest in His faithfulness to you.

After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. Gen.15:1.
When you, as a mother, fear for the safety and health of your children and feel powerless to protect them, listen to the word of God and rest them into His great hands. He knows their situation and and location. He is more concerned with them than you are.

And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is. Gen.21:17.

When you awaken in the night, sequestered from the world in a small space and fear an enemy which is pervasive but invisible, and you fear God has forgotten you and that your children may not live to have a life and children of their own, Look up ... above all the calamities erupting on earth ... to God.

And the Lord appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thyfather: fear not, I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed .... Gen.26:24.

If God leads you "down into the Egypt" of pandemic, remember that He is able, even in a world crisis, to "make of thee" what he has already planned for your future life and that of your children.

And he said, I am God, the God of thy father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation. Gen.46:3.

So be ready to "go up and possess the future he is setting before you" without fear or discouragement.

Behold, the Lord thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged. Deut.1:21.

Know that the LORD is "going before you and will be with you, and will not fail you or forsake you" and there is nothing helpful of your fear and distress.

And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed. Deut.31:8.

God is not afraid. Be not dismayed. He is in control. The pandemic has a purpose. He will give you the strength, and help you through it. He promises to "hold you up in his strong and righteous hand. So fear not.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isa.41:10.

I will not fear what the infected flesh or others, nor of my own, can do to me because my praise and trust are in my God.

In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. Psm.56:4

Therefore, let the world know ...

O man (or woman) greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me. Dan.10:19.

This peace and strength, through faith in Christ, is not just for me but for "all people" who believe.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. Luke 2:10.

And this good news and joy look forward to eternity in peace, and health, and glory with those I love in the presence of God in His kingdom.

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim.1:7.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18.

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me Fear not; I am the first and the last. Rev. 1:17.





No comments: