Jun 29, 2011

Does God Love His Children Unconditionally?

Common Sense Commentary:

A young lady I knew, out sowing her wild oats, told her father, "I just want you to love me unconditionally".   Her father responded, "You already have my unconditional love.  What you do not have is my unconditional approval of your wayward life and sin."

Does God love His children unconditionally?  Yes, of course, but we do not have His unconditional approval.   The Bible tells us He "loves righteousness and hates sin" in Hebrews 1:9.  We have no righteousness of our own merit but are covered with the holy robe of Christ's righteousness.  Otherwise we would all go to hell.  "For there is not a just man on earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not." Ecc.7:20.   God hates sin because it is the opposite of His holy will for us.  It is UN holy rejection of God and His love for us.  He cast out one third of the angels from heaven because of UN holy rebellion. He hates sin because He knows the devastation, pain, and damage it does to us, body and soul.  God must hate what is happening to our nation and people but He does not worry or fret about it.  He is above that.
I too hate the spiritual decline of "Christian America" into a black hole of unspiritual darkness.  I hate the so called New Morality which is simply the Old Immorality in a different uniform.  I abhor the passing of
our dearly beloved Christian Standards in our churches, the sad departure of those Great Old Hymns, the dismal dirge attending the death of self-respect and the solemn requiem being sung over the corpse of Conscience.  I do not accept these things, I reject them.  I do not approve of them, I disapprove them.
I do not like what is happening in America and the degree to which open, brazen wickedness displays itself ; but, I do not let it worry me to death.  At 80, I will die soon enough without assisting in my own demise... at least soon enough for me if not everybody.  If you others will be patient, I will die as quickly as I can so you can rest easy til its your turn.  I can live with the ruin and shambles left by Satan's war with God because I know God wins in the end and He holds the scales of judgement.  He will enforce His law of sowing and reaping without any help from me. "...For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Gal.6:7.   Evil will not triumph, with its raucous laughter, forever.  The humor will cease when the trumpet of heaven sounds across the earth and Jesus Christ  returns in power and judgement. 

Yes, we have the unconditional love of God but not His unconditional approval.  Judgement is certain.
"Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, the heart of the sons (and daughters) of men is fully set in them to do evil."  Ecc.8-13.

Pass it on. RB

1 comment:

SavedbyGrace said...

Love this! So very true...wonderful...thank you!