Dec 9, 2013

Fixing My Neurotic Computer With Zero Savvy

Common Sense Commentary: Attempting to fix a glitch, virus or terminal illness in my computer is, for me, rather like trying to cross a glacier field of crevasses, over a mountain of Grizzly Bears, through a swamp of fanged moccasins, and then swimming a river of alligators to finally get to the far side of stupid in one old piece.... without a nervous breakdown. It requires not one iota of horse sense, common sense, good sense or sixth sense but a World Wide Web of Anti-Boxing, Pro-Gaming, Geekie Genius to even open  a window or close a site.... much less fix an invisible, non-describable  problem. I would gladly choose the crevasses, Grizzlies, moccasins and alligators to spending an entire day on the phone, listening, with weak ears, but not hearing a foreign accent transferring me 15 times to other foreign accents who explain rapidly through a dozen different actions I need to take and type and click on and go to and then, after hours of this, lose me during another transfer and I have to start over again with near blinded eyes, hunting up their phone number again. Eighty three years of study, experience and scars did not prepare me for wrestling with this monstrous, Hi-tech "beast" out of the ether of outer space or maybe out of the book of the Revelation. Come to think of it, this thing fits perfectly into the evil power grabbing hands of the Anti-Christ. And I mean exactly that. RB

No comments: