Dec 5, 2017

Amazing Story Of Dominie Bush And Her Chinese Air-force Father

Like history came and rolled over me again 

One of my Blog readers is a former member of the church I founded and pastored in Florida for 30 years. She is the daughter of a Chinese officer in Chiang Kai Shek's Air Force before the Communists conquered China in the 1940s. Dominie Soo Bush responded to my recent blog post entitled...


"Hallelujah," The Shout Of Many Marines Leaving North Korea ... Dec. 1951


You must read Dominie's response to my comment that "There were several babies born during that exodus of North Korean refugees." She was born at the same time as The Battle Of Chosin Reservoir and refugee exodus took place.


Many of you old Temple Baptist members will remember Dominie as a cultured and talented Christian lady. Here are her and her father's  fantastic story...


To: Rayburn Blair
How awful! Those poor women who had babies during the exodus of refugees!! I was born at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington, DC. My father was in Chiang Kai Shek's Air Force and was in the U.S. buying aircraft parts when the Communist takeover happened in China under Mao Zedong. It was 40 long years before the country reopened and he was able to go back to see his family. No communication was permitted during all those years! My father became a Christian in the U.S. and had a joyful spirit, although his heart was continually burdened with not knowing what happened to his family. He found out in 1977 that his older brother had been betrayed by a communist in their village, tortured, and spent 14 years breaking rocks in a hard labor camp. My parents took Bibles and the gospel to China when it reopened and both of my uncles professed salvation. My older uncle had a severe trial in his Christian life, though. First, he had to continue to live in the same village as his betrayer. He wrote to my dad that he knew he had to forgive him as the Bible teaches. His second major trial was when the village began to prosper and business people were expected to donate money to install Buddhist idols along the roadways. He wrote to my dad that he could not do this as a Christian! He feared being sent to a hard labor camp again if he didn't comply but knew that at his age, he would never survive. He was also a caretaker for his wife and worried about her welfare if they took him away. Such is life in a country that does not have freedom! My uncle developed dementia and passed away at age 95. (My mother's parents immigrated from Ukraine...I grew up hearing stories of Stalin and Lenin.) I praise God that I live in a free country! I was 6 when my dad became a U.S. citizen and remember the ceremony and his love of America. However, as the decades unfolded, the America my father loved when he came here in the 1930s had declined so much morally and spiritually by the time of his death in 2005. May God bless America, but America also needs to bless God! I may have shared this link with you, but here is the eulogy I wrote for my dad www.fms-help.com.eulogy.htm. If you are still reading this lengthy email, I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas season! - In Christ, Dominie


For you, history buffs, Dominie's father was a fighter of Atheistic Communism before you ever heard the word.
Here is his story in the form of Dominie's eulogy of him. A wonderful man. This blog post is dedicated to him... RB

http://www.fms-help.com/eulogy.htm

No comments: