Dec 12, 2017

Young People, Please, Please Stay Away From Narcotics.

They Are Death And Destruction



“Drug use is on the rise in this country and 23.5 million Americans are addicted to alcohol and drugs. That’s approximately one in every 10 Americans over the age of 12 – roughly equal to the entire population of Texas.

The fact is that if you never take your first drink of alcohol you will never be an alcoholic. And if you never smoke the first joint or take the first bit of an illegal drug, you will never be a drug addict. Every alcoholic and drug addict began with one sip or one tiny bit of a hit.

Robin Williams was a drug addict. He admittedly suffered from addiction problems most of his adult life. Before he committed suicide he said that when he made a movie or a show, he would stop taking his meds and snort cocaine.  He committed suicide in August 2014.


Robin joked about everything. He made tens of thousands laugh and millions of dollars doing so but died broke and utterly miserable. Underneath the comedian's veneer, he was a troubled soul and once joked, about reincarnation, "If I came back, with my luck, it would still be as me".

Instead of running with the bad company who do those things, run with those who do not. Instead of pouring your life down the drug addiction toilet, pour your heart out to Jesus. Instead of becoming addicted to a chemical substance, become addicted to your Creator.

I have nothing to boast about. I am not the role model. I am not saved by good works. I am a common, faulty man. But I am an unworthy addict. I am addicted to the sun, moon, and stars... the universe. The "Blessed Hope" is my addiction. God my Father, my Creator, and Jesus Christ my Savior are my addiction. God's Holy Word is my addiction. The Gospel ministry is my addiction. Christian Service is my addiction. Eternal life is my addiction. Friends and family are my addiction. Worthy Purpose in life is my addiction. Love is my addiction. Courage is my addiction. Heaven is my addiction. Stewardship is my addiction. Do I live up to these addictions to perfection? No... I often fail them but cannot get loose from them. I am addicted for life and eternity.

Worldly pleasure, drugs, illicit sex, material stuff, fame, fortune, and power are the lusts that destroy and continually insert themselves into our lives and seek out our weaknesses and war with our consciences to gain control of our vulnerable flesh. The one and only remedy to those spiritual diseases is a full dose of Christian salvation ... Jesus and God's Holy Spirit living in you and me. He only comes into our lives, and never fails to do so, upon our repentance and invitation to Him. Accept Him now before Satan captures you for life ... and maybe eternity. RB


No comments: