Apr 14, 2013

The Psalmist Identifies The True Man Of God By His Love Of Truth

Common Sense Commentary:  The true man of God is not identified by his oratory, his appearance, his beauty, his intelligence, his personality, his position, his powers of persuasion or size of his church.  He is identified by his walk of faith, his works of righteousness and his words of God's truth.... from his heart. "He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart." Psm.15:2.


The Psalmist Identifys the true man of God:

By His Words:
"I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation." Psm.40:10.



By His Walk:
"All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies." Psm.25:10.
"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation....". Psm.25:5.



By  His Works:
"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." Psm.33:4.



 By His Heart's Desire:
"Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts...." Psm.51:6.

 

By his Music: 

"I will also praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth, O my God: unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel." Psm.71:22.

 

By his Science:

"Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven." Psm.85:11. 


By his Glorying:
"Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake." Psm.115:1.


By his Choices:
"I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me." Psm.119:30.


By his Worship:
"I will worship  .... and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psm.138:2. 


By his prayer life:
"The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth." Psm.145:18. 



By the object of his seeking:
"The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth." Ecc.12:10.

 If there is one glaring, Scriptural error in a preacher or politician, it is a flashing red light warning of serious trouble ahead of that man and his followers. The sign says, "STOP ... TURN AROUND ... SAVE YOUR LIFE AND TESTIMONY". RB



No comments: